Book Title: The High-protein Cookbook : More Than 150 Healthy and Irresistibly Good Low-carb Dishes That Can be on the Table in Thirty Minutes or Less
Author: Sarah Kent
Format: Paperback | 208 pages
Publication Date: 14 Nov 2000
End food boredom and diet burnout with more than 400 sophisticated, low-carbohydrate dinners that are bursting with flavor--and on the table in under 30 minutes! Hundreds of thousands have embraced the low-carbohydrate lifestyle finding that a diet based on lean protein, fruits, and vegetables and less dependent on simple carbohydrates has helped them look and feel better. But a monotonous menu of steak and salad or expensive, additive-laden prepared foods has been the undoing of many a successful diet regimen. The solution? Linda West Eckhardt and Katherine West DeFoyd have devised more than 100 protein-rich, low-carbohydrate dinners that will satisfy even the most demanding diners. Drawing on their experiences as award-winning cookbook authors, Eckhardt and DeFoyd have developed a tempting range of high-protein meals that are quick enough to make on a weeknight but elegant enough to share with guests -- and so delicious they'll never know they've been shortchanged on carbohyd rates, fat, and calories. Each entree in The High-Protein Cookbook
* Provides at least 30 grams of protein, yet is light on fat and calories.
* Is styled for two people but can easily be doubled or tripled
* Uses short lists of fresh, healthful ingredients
* Is based on simple cooking techniques requiring no special equipment
* Avoids "artificial" products and flavorings
* Contains reasonable amounts of high-quality protein balanced by ample servings of vegetables and fruits With chapters devoted to side dishes and salads, sauces and condiments, and even sinfully satisfying desserts that won't break the carbohydrate bank, The High-Protein Cookbook is the perfect companion to many of today's most popular dietary regimens and an enticing argument for cutting back on excess carbohydrates.