Book Title: Timon of Athens: The Oxford Shakespeare
Author: William Shakespeare
Format: Paperback | 384 pages
Publication Date: 01 Apr 2009
The Oxford Shakespeare
General Editor: Stanley Wells
The Oxford Shakespeare offers authoritative texts from leading scholars in editions designed to interpret and illuminate the plays for modern readers
- A new, modern-spelling text, collated and edited from all existing printings
- On-page commentary and notes explain meaning, staging, language, and allusions
- Detailed introduction provides a full account of the play's performance history and explores issues of gender, gift-theory, and ecology
- Appendices include source materials and a chronology of major productions worldwide
- Illustrated with production photographs and related art
- Full index to introduction and commentary
- Durable sewn binding for lasting use
'not simply a better text but a new conception of Shakespeare. This is a major achievement of twentieth-century scholarship.'
ABOUT THE SERIES: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the widest range of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, helpful notes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.